~Reincarnation~  

Posted by Nikhil in

We watched 'Om Shanti Om' yesterday...It was a decent movie.. Typical Hindi masala movie... a movie with a lot of good commercial value. The story though is nothing new, kinda reminds you of a yesteryear movie, 'Karz'. A soul after death,reincarnates itself into another body to get his revenge and fulfill his unfinished dreams of the previous life..
While watching the movie I felt -what crap.. its total fiction.. reincarnation never happens!! But then I gave a thought to it and later told my wife, Ill write a blog about reincarnation. She asked me- reincarnation, do you really believe in it? My answer was 'I don't know!!'- By the way, if you know me this is my typical answer for every question..Anyway, so she told me to go and read Hindu beliefs, Greek beliefs etc. about reincarnation. In fact she herself told me what we Hindus believe- apparently we go through millions of rebirths(I don't exactly remember the number she quoted). It all seems unbelievable esp knowing that we don't really remember anything from the previous birth. Before I went and read the other prevalent beliefs I thought Ill think about it myself.. After giving some thought to it I believe reincarnation does exist. May not be to the extent described in the movies, or may not even be in that form, but it does exist. I am talking about the reincarnation of thoughts, reincarnation of beliefs.And to top it its not by birth, its induced!!
We are born in this world without any preconceived notions and thoughts.. However over the course of our development the society, in the form of our parents, grandparents, friends and many others, inflicts millions of thoughts onto us. We assimilate them and make them our part. A lot of people who gave us those thoughts no may be no longer there but the thought remains. They do exist in each one of us long after they are gone and then we pass on the same things to the generations after us. Don't you think this is reincarnation of a kind? In fact the the very statements about Hindu or Greek mythological beliefs I made earlier are passed along as reincarnations of thought. The society factions of today are a result of multiple reincarnations.An individual lets live a lot of thoughts that came onto him through someone in himself and thus becomes an abode of lot of reincarnations. A lot of people's souls live in him in the form of their thoughts.A lot of time it happens involuntarily. Really I feel a lot of our society is like this-a reincarnation of thoughts of the individuals who lived before. However once in a while there comes someone who develops some sort of a shield on him. He doesn't let the age old thoughts deter him. He doesn't allow other people to be to stay in him in any form. At this point a new individual is actually ' born'. Such an individual changes the course of the society because now he starts the process of trying to create reincarnations for him.Just look at examples of Gandhi, Martin Luther King...
Really, its up to us to let these reincarnations exist. A lot of times as I said earlier we cant really avoid them. However I feel we should take an effort to form at least some sort of a shield. We should make a choice of what thoughts we let live within us. The more we try to give ourselves a new birth, more would be the revolutions we would bring in the society. We should keep in mind though that the choice we make of our birth makes the society better.

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 5:11 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

"Reincarnation od thoughts and beliefs!!!!"
Beautiful idea indeed Nik!!!
But I believe that sometimes it is not at all necessary to break free from these reincarnated beliefs, coz tht's how our long gone loved ones live within us...

July 18, 2008 at 7:47 AM
Anonymous  

As a matter of fact Humans are different from animals because of better ability to pass the learnings of one generation to another. You teach a dog to climb a tree and his child will not inherit that but you teach a man to do the same his child mostly will inherit/learn that and maybe improve that. If everyone gets 'born' as per your definition, we humans will stop improving, we'll continue making the same mistakes made by our predecessors. Generally it takes several mistakes to carve out one correct path or way. So I don't think one should stay away from societal norms completely. They can be ignored when necessary.

July 25, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Yes I dont deny. That is why I have said in my post- 'We should make a choice of what thoughts we let live within us.'
The 'good' can remain- there is no need to let live the 'bad'

July 25, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Post a Comment